About North Denver Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
As one of the premier oral surgeons in Denver, Dr. Hong and his team at North Denver Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery provides full scope surgical care. This includes removal of wisdom teeth, placement of dental implants, correction of misaligned jaws, treatment of accident victims suffering facial injuries, and removal of jaw tumors & cysts. Our surgeon, Dr. Hong, offers his advanced training in anesthesia that allows us to provide quality care with maximum patient comfort and safety in an relaxed office setting. So, If you are looking for maxillofacial surgery, tooth extractions, or dental implants in Denver and the surrounding Front Range areas, look no further, as North Denver Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery can handle all of your surgical needs. Contact us today for an appointment.
About Dr. Hong
Dr. Hong graduated from Rensselaer with a Bachelor of Science in biology. He then earned his DMD from the Ivy League school, the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Hong graduated with honors from dental school and was voted into Omiccron Kappa Upisilon National Dental Honor Society.
Dr. Hong continued his training and graduated with honors from The University of Texas-Houston medical school. He was also inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, a professional medical organization that recognizes advocates for excellence in scholarship and the highest ideals in the profession of medicine.
Dr. Hong completed his general surgery internship and his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University of Texas – Houston. Dr. Hong is licensed in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and also has his State of Colorado medical, dental, and anesthesia licenses. Dr. Hong was a faculity member at the Denver VA in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, from 2007 until 2013. Dr. Hong is also proud to be a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
What does it mean to be board certified?
The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) is the certifying board for the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the United States.
Certification of a Diplomate requires completion of training in an accredited residency program, evidence of post-training experience, and successful completion of written and oral examinations on the entire scope of the specialty. The Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery establishes criteria for competence and knowledge that determine a sufficient and acceptable performance for safe practice of the specialty and examines qualified candidates. Those individuals who demonstrate achievement of the requisite training, experience, and knowledge are granted Diplomate certificates. In addition, letters of recommendation from board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons attesting to an applicant’s acceptable ethical and moral standing in the profession and community are also required as part of the certification procedure.
Dr. Hong’s Education
- University of Texas at Houston Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency, 2006
- University of Texas at Houston General Surgery Internship, 2005
- University of Texas at Houston School of Medicine, 2004 (M.D.)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2000 (D.M.D)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute School of Science, 1997 (B.S. degree in Biology)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Omiccron Kappa Upisilon National Dental Honor Society
- Diplomate of American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Colorado State Dental and Anesthesia License
- Colorado State Medical License
- ACLS provider
- BLS provider
- Good Samaritan Medical Center – Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- D. Hong, DMD, MD, K. Busaidy, DDS, J. Bouquot, DDS. A Case of Mandibular Glandular Odontogenic Cyst with Amelobastic Changes.2006
- Elliot V. Hersh, DMD, MS, PhD, Lawrence M. Levin, DMD, MD, Stephen A. Cooper, DMD, PhD, Geraldine Doyle, PhD, Joel Waksman, PhD,
- David Wedell, DDS, Douglas Hong ,DMD, Stacy Secreto, RMA, EMT. Ibuprofen Liquigel for Oral Surgery Pain. Clinical Therapeutics2000; 22:1306-1318.
- E. V. Hersh et. al. Ibuprofen Liquigel for Oral Surgery Pain.The Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery1999; 57(S1):88-89.
- E. V. Hersh, DMD, MS, PhD, L. M. Levin, DMD, MD, D. S. Hong, DMD, S. Secreto, RMA, EMT. A Double-Blind Evaluation of the Dentipatch Lidocaine Transoral Delivery System in the Reduction of Palatal Injection Pain Employing a Crossover Design.